How to prep for your session
So you’ve decided what photo session you want to do, you’ve contacted me and you’ve booked your session. What’s next? You want to get the most out of your time and investment so preparing yourself for your session will be very beneficial.
Below are some quick tips and things to think about for your photo session.
• You should wear the clothing that you feel most confident and comfortable in. You will be much happier with the photos and the experience if you love what you are wearing and are not constantly thinking in the back of your mind, “I cannot believe I let myself wear this!” A photo session is not the time to go out of your comfort zone with clothing.
• Solid colors are highly recommended. If you choose to wear a print, try to offset it with another solid piece of clothing.
• Wear comfortable shoes or bring comfortable shoes to change into if we change locations.
• This largely depends on the type of session you have booked. However, I will do a lot of family photos with small children (under the age of 2) at the client’s home. Newborn sessions are conducted at the client’s home as well. As for the rest of the sessions, I have a list of areas that are great for outdoor and indoor photos and we can discuss when your session is booked.
• If there is a special location that you would like your photos taken, please feel free to let me know. I am happy to go to the location of your choice within the travel guidelines that are outlined in our working agreement. If planned accordingly, we can make almost any location work. (Fly me to Paris? Please?)
• Guidance and support: I guide all of my clients through the entire session. I will help with poses and placement as needed.
• If you have seen great photos or specific poses like, feel free to email me examples. Pinterest is a great resource for fun and creative ideas with photography sessions. I recommend exploring and even starting a Pinterest board with all the pins you find. You can then share the board with me before we do your session.
• If you have something specific in mind that you would like to bring, you are welcome to do so. For children sessions, I have some props that can be used.
• If your child does best with their favorite toy, bring It! We can make it work.
If you have any other special requests or questions that aren’t addressed here, I’ll be happy to discuss with you before your session.